Monday, December 05, 2005

Question and Comment (and my response) to Richard Moore II CPA

Thanks for your kind comments.
During the whole period over two years that I used my own paperless system I never had an occasion when I felt I needed to be able to search within a document. Think about your own current manual system. How do you search for a file? You know exactly what document you are looking for and you go and pull it out. Most CPAs know exactly what document they are looking for and by the naming convention I have suggested you will hardly ever have a problem searching the exact document you are looking for. The name of the document will give it away all for you. Having said all that, the PDF converting software that you use can change all of that for you. The Scansoft guys have a little advanced software (still not more than $100, I think). So, if you use that software to scan your documents you can add that feature into your document search without any extra step or cost (except the little difference in the software price). I hope I answered your question well enough.
Thanks.
-----Original Message-----From: Richard L Moore II CPA
Sent: Sunday, December 04, 2005 4:05 PMTo: Amir Morani CPA CMA CFM MBASubject: Re: Be ready to join online sessions on Paperless Office
Mr. Morani,

I have read about half of the manual so far this weekend. I noted you have chosen to use Windows Explorer instead of document management software from a third party vendor (i.e.: recollect). What do you use for searches to look within the documentation?

Your manual is quite helpful, worth the price.

Thank you.
Richard Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment